Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Jesus Died for 'Climate Change'?

A Little Leaven.com has an interesting post on Brian McLaren's priorities in preaching. This viewpoint espoused by McLaren seems to be consistent in Emergent circles. No doubt this is "another gospel". One which focuses on the created rather than the Creator.

This also reminds me of Rob Bell claiming that Jesus died for the birds, stars, etc.

Here is an excerpt...

"Did Jesus die on the cross to 'save' our planet from warming up? According to Emergent leader and neo-liberal Brian McLaren apparently he did... Ummmm... exactly which problem did Jesus establish His church to solve Brian? The Bible doesn't contain any epistles written by Ralph Nader or Al Gore. The Bible tells us that the Church of Jesus Christ is supposed to preach a message of repentance from sins and belief in the gospel."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that I find this blog very interesting, I've been reading it every now and again. I would like to challenge you to come up to Michigan, and sit down with Rob Bell. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how many of your points that are listed in these blogs regarding Mr. Bell are very off base. Having come from a stout CRC upbringing, I'm no push over when it comes to my faith. I truly do believe Mr. Bell is being a true vessel for God to do his work. Just think about it, make a trip of it, there are a lot of fun things to do in this area as well. You challenge your readers to open their minds, I'm challenging you to open yours as well. Thanks for your time.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home