Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day--THANK YOU!

"As we honor their memory today, let us pledge that their lives, their sacrifices, their valor shall be justified and remembered for as long as God gives life to this nation. And let us also pledge to do our utmost to carry out what must have been their wish: that no other generation of young men will ever have to share their experiences and repeat their sacrifice. Earlier today, with the music that we have heard and that of our National Anthem -- I can't claim to know the words of all the national anthems in the world, but I don't know of any other that ends with a question and a challenge as ours does: Does that flag still wave o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? That is what we must all ask. Thank you."

-President Ronald Reagan, Remarks at Memorial Day Ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery, May 31, 1982

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The American solider will always be greatly admired by me. I know that maybe one soldier's reason for fighting may not be another's , however it is a great and noble thing to be an American Soldier .
When my nephew Johnny Barron graduated on June 24, 2005 from boot camp/training to go to Afghanistan I received a copy of the Soldier's Creed . It reads like this .
Soldier's Creed
I am an American Soldier
I am a Warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my Warrior tasks and drills . I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional . I stand ready to deploy , engage ,and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of the freedom and the American way of life .
I am an American Solider .


Thank God for the Soldier, without him we would not be free.
The Soldier's family knows that freedom is not free.
I will never forget the Fallen Ones who gave all so that my children and family live in Freedom.
This is why I will always admire the Soldier.
Mike Oliver

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home