Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Holiness of God

"I am the Lord, your Holy One, The Creator of Israel, your King.”
-Isaiah 43:15

“To whom then will you liken Me,
Or to whom shall I be equal?” says the Holy One.
Lift up your eyes on high, and see who has created these things...
By the greatness of His might and the strength of His power."
-Isaiah 40:25

"Who is like You, glorious in holiness...?"
-Exodus 15:11

"You are holy, enthroned in the praises of Israel.
Our fathers trusted in You... and You delivered them."
-Psalm 22:3

"I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings.... And one cried to another and said: 'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory!' And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.
"So I said: 'Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.”
-Isaiah 6:1-5

Steven, "being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, 'Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!'”
-Acts 7:55

“No one is holy like the Lord, for there is none besides You,
Nor is there any Rock like our God."
-1 Samuel 2:2

Our response to His holiness

"...as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, 'Be holy, for I am holy.”
-1 Peter 1:15-16

"'Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.'.... And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God."
-Exodus 3:5-6

"Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, 'What does my Lord say to His servant?' Then the Commander of the Lord’s army said to Joshua, 'Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand is holy.' And Joshua did so."
- Joshua 5:14-15

"Then Job answered the Lord and said: 'I know that You can do everything,
And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.
You asked, 'Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
Listen, please, and let me speak;
You said, ‘I will question you, and you shall answer Me.’
I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees You.
Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”
-Job 42:1-6

"Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!
Tremble before Him, all the earth."
-Psalm 96:9

"...give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; Talk of all His wondrous works!
Glory in His holy name."
-1 Chronicles 16:8-10

"Give to the Lord the glory due His name;
Bring an offering, and come before Him.
Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!
Tremble before Him, all the earth."
-1 Chronicles 16:29-30

"Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.
For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name."
-Psalm 33:20-21

"For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness."
-Romans 6:19

"Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits."
-Psalm 103:1-2

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. May God's holiness be upermost in our minds.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home