Some Questions for Emergents
I'm curious about a few things. I would like some Emergent people help me understand some of the beliefs of the Emergent movement.
1. Does a person become a "christian" by conversion or do they progress into it gradually?
2. Is the bible inerrant and infallible?
3. Is the Jesus as manifested in the New Testament the same as the God manifested in the Old Testament?
4. Is homosexuality a sin?
5. Can homosexuality separate a person from God for eternity?
6. Are only christians going to heaven?
7. Are the truths revealed in scripture objective, applicable to everyone the same or are they subjective depending upon the person reading them?
8. Does God allow human beings to actually go to a literal hell of burning fire "where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched"?
9. What is the Emergent church's view of the sovereignty of God... do they ascribe to it?. This question has me very curious since I see very little manifestation of this doctrine in the Emergent circles.
10. Why does the Emergent church have such a problem with authoritative men?
11. Is the Emergent movement susceptible to false teachings and how would they be able to define false teaching if they are constantly changing? What is their standard for discernment? How do they know truth from error?
I know people involved in the Emergent church enjoy a healthy conversation. Hopefully some of you will be willing to answer some of these questions.