Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Men Kissing in Church


Careful, if you go to Dan Kimball's Vintage Faith emergent church another guy might kiss you during the service. It may even be Dan Kimball:

"Ron the conga player was standing near me and he joked about the announcement of the "holy kiss". I said, "here it comes!" and gave him a nice peck on his cheek - of which he recieved and then recoiled back not knowing how to respond. After the greeting time, I then proudly announced to everyone there as I began the message, that I had my first holy kiss."

Yet another reason why I avoid this whole Emergent church movement like a plague. You never know what may happen next.

-KTO

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romans 16:16; 1Corinthians16:20;
2 Corinthians 13:12;
1 Thessalonians 5:26;
1 Peter 5:14

12My dear friends, I want you to know that what has happened to me has helped to spread the good news. 13The Roman guards and all the others know that I am here in jail because I serve Christ. 14Now most of the Lord's followers have become brave and are fearlessly telling the message. [b] 15Some are preaching about Christ because they are jealous and envious of us. Others are preaching because they want to help. 16They love Christ and know that I am here to defend the good news about him. 17But the ones who are jealous of us are not sincere. They just want to cause trouble for me while I am in jail. 18But that doesn't matter. All that matters is that people are telling about Christ, whether they are sincere or not. That is what makes me glad.

10:34 AM  
Blogger kennyo said...

Anonymous,

Come on...should we really be kissing other men in church? Are we so utterly confused about who we are as men that we have to consider kissing another man? Is this what these verses mean?

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would think it appropiate for you to tell what these verses mean. Does it not clearly state in KJV that to greet each other with a holy kiss? Men do it in the middle east to this day! Kiss both cheeks. The kiss does not have the same meaning in our western culture than it did in Paul's culture. Do you not sense Dan's sense of humor?

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home