Tuesday, May 16, 2006

IRREVERENCE


After viewing THIS VIDEO on Slice of Laodicea's site, I came across THIS ONE too–White Boy DJ.

This kind of reminds me of the church I used to be a member of last year when the youth pastor got up during the offertory and did a rap. That was the last time my family and I attended that church. That's something which will be covered at another time.

I guess any fear of God or respect for his word have completely been thrown out the window. Nothing is sacred. Everything is game.

Ecclesiastes 5:1-3

"Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong.

Do not be quick with your mouth,
do not be hasty in your heart
to utter anything before God.
God is in heaven
and you are on earth,
so let your words be few.


As a dream comes when there are many cares,
so the speech of a fool when there are many words."

I actually get sad when I see these things. Not because I am super-spiritual, but because the first thing I realize when I come before God is his holiness and my nothingness and I am awed by Him. Things like this show no honor, respect, or fear of God of whom it says in Lamentations 3:22--Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

-KTO

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

most preachers are afraid to even try and to define what true, appropriate worship is. they just won't do it. they're afraid of offending someone.

what comes next is anything and everything. they use "worship" to attrach to "seeker" not to uplift the Creator!

anybody can start a church, like this dan smith rapper guy. if you know how to entertain, then you qualify in today's climate. you're ready to be the pastor/facilitator/entertainer/story-teller, etc.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home