Saturday, February 03, 2007

Emergent Dreaming

John Pipes from The Bororean blog alerted me to this video on youtube.

I am reluctant to even post stuff like this as I attempt to point out how unbiblical the Emergent mentality is. Dave Parker, host of "The Living Room", shares his dream for this alterna-emerging-church gathering. He suggests we call his dream God's dream.

If this is a picture of where the church is headed then I suggest we fall on our knees immediately in fervent and desperate prayer realizing the state of apostasy in the present day church.

I don't know anything about this guy. This is simply an attempt to point out how far out and distorted the mindset of the Emergent church is.

This is what you get when you have a dose of the Timothy Leary of the Emergent movement-Brian McLaren, a dash of the Jim Morrison of Emergent-Rob Bell, topped off with Ken Kesey of Emergent–Tony Campolo in a generation with little or no training in solid Biblical doctrine.



Here is an quote from the video:

"In this community…young and old, Republican and Democrat, conservative and liberal, upper class and lower class, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, everyone found commonality and community at the foot of Christ. And God added to their number daily those who were being saved. And by saved, I mean that a kingdom of God mindset was being sculpted and refined and fleshed-out in their lives. And I thought, that's the kind of community I want to be a part of."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if there is room for some repentant sinners there too or is that too judgmental?
HK

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy is so produced , he is so fake ...this is all production. I almost started to vomiting listening to this crap. I mean he ought to write another dictionary and call it the Parker
Poop Dictionary, these emergents just re-define words and confiscate words to fit in their own cult like tactics. Wait.....
Now we finally have the correct way to have church and to interpret the word ( notice the lower case ) ....all we have to do is dream .
I think this guy is the biggest dreamer I have ever heard lately besides some of these peace protesters . The only dream I've experienced is listening to this guy's flow .. watching this is like being in a nightmare . a demonic dream.
The "community's collective responsives and thoughts on the matter" .. sounds like the devil talking to me .. watch out . "Question the answers" ...yeah that is good ..question if Christ demands you to be holy as He is holy.. yeah the devil speaks again .
Yeah "pour each others life into each other" ..yeah that going to get me through, getting all the knowledge from people.
"All for the glory of a diverse creator?"
Is God diverse? If He is then I missed that in the Bible oh ! but" the bible is held in high esteem BUT God is held higher." What kind of double talk is this ? What should I expect?
This garbage just strokes man's ego and puts man on the same level as God or really pulls God down to man's level ... same story just different package ...Eve and the devil in the garden . People eat this garbage up, they love it because it make them feel good and you know it is all about feelings.
He for got the pedophiles .... man! he really is narrow minded and judgmental.
I don't know why I waste my time responding to this.
Mike

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think guy might be confused about his gender

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can someone please inform me how the excerpt is unbiblical? From what I've studied (the Bible), it seems accurate.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emergents take the fear of evangelicals' who are not willing to call sin, sin, and to enter into any confrontation over the Truth of God's word. Emergents just throw out truth, because if they called the Bible True, that means that it is binding to their lives. They want to get rid of doctrine, and just "talk" about Jesus(which really they don't talk about the real jesus). Sadly there are people who are "christian"(not regenerate, just a name) who convert to islam, b/c they want doctrine!!!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home