Monday, January 01, 2007

Good Advise From Spurgeon


Thank God for how great He has been in 2006.

I have seen His provision spiritually and physically at times when I saw no way out. I have seen his indescribable mercy and grace demonstrated toward me and my family when I deserved the opposite. In 2006 I have seen Him not treat me as my sins deserved but have seen His compassionate discipline like a loving Father.

I trust Him more now than I did this time last year and I thank Him for His kindness and His tender mercies. He has hidden me from Himself in Himself.

I owe all of my life to Him.


Here is some good advise from Charles Spurgeon to consider as we enter a new year:

"Serve God with all your might while the candle is burning, and when it goes out for a season, you will have the less to regret. Be content to be nothing, for that is what you are. When your own emptiness is painfully forced upon your consciousness, chide yourself that you ever dreamed of being full. except in the Lord. Set small store by present rewards; be grateful for earnests by the way, look for the recompensing joy hereafter. Continue with double earnestness to serve your Lord when no visible result is before you...

In nothing let us be turned aside from the path which the divine call has urged us to pursue. Come fair or come foul, the pulpit is our watchtower, and the ministry our warfare; be it ours, when we cannot see the face of God, to trust under the shadow of his wings."

--Charles Spurgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home