Thursday, December 07, 2006

Minimize Truth in Favor of Organization

"For I think you will agree that the prevailing tendency is not to talk about and write about the truth itself. The whole emphasis at the moment is that we should all be getting together and forming great organizations. The concern is not so much as to the truth of the message, but to gather ourselves together into one great community. The tendency today is to minimize truth in favor of organization, and men are telling us with unwearied iteration that the greatest tragedy of the world is the disunited church. But the tragedy, the greatest tragedy as I understand the New Testament, is not the disunity of the church, is not the fact that the church is divided into groups and denominations, is not that we are not all in one organization, but that all the sections are preaching a false message and that there has been a departure from the truth of God as it is in Jesus Christ."

--Martin Lloyd-Jones

5 Comments:

Blogger Phil Perkins said...

"The tendency today is to minimize truth in favor of organization..."

Good quote, Kenny. Nailed it.

That is what is happening to the SBC. The Emergent is coming and the leadership WILL NOT face it because that is be factious.

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Phil Perkins said...

Kenny,
Just got word last night. I am probably going to be fired from my teaching position because of my outspoken opposition to the Emergent. But I can't let that stop me.

Phil Perkins.

10:57 AM  
Blogger kennyo said...

Hey Phil, I am sorry to hear that. I just prayed for you as I read your comments and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Keep on defending the Truth!!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Phil Perkins said...

Thanks, Bro.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, thanks!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home