Thursday, June 15, 2006

Get Out Of The Church!


The following is from Spurgeon's sermon,
"Our Position and Our Purpose" 2 Cor. 7:1.

"I would say to you, members of this church,
"Be holy!" Whatever you are, do seek to be holy.

And if you will not be holy- if you have a mind
to keep your sins- do us the favor to give up
your profession. If you will have your sins,
and go to hell, you can do it so much better
outside the church than you can inside.

I cannot see why you must need to do Christ
the double ill-turn to be his enemy, and yet
profess to be his friend.

Get out of the church, you that are hypocrites!"


--Charles Spurgeon

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine hearing that in today's church, can you?

I reckon there would be quite a few squirming in their seats.

I like the sermon 'Sinners in the hands of an angry God' by Johnathan Edwards. I read that some time back, and thought WOW!

V

12:05 AM  
Blogger Rick Frueh said...

As you can see by these words, Spurgeon invented the seeker service with the accompanying relevant message! PTL-Rick

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home